Parent Advocacy and Information Day 2018
9.00-9.10 - Welcome
9.10-11.00 - Session One – Sarah Asome
This double session will include:
- A dyslexia simulation.
- Sound pack ‘how to’ presentation.
- Phonemic awareness explanation and activities for home.
- Home based support (decodable readers, spelling rules, online resources).
11.00-11.30 - Morning Tea
Tea and coffee provided
11.30-12.30 - Session Two- George Perry
- Advocating for your child in NSW Schools, from first identification to secondary level.
12.30-1.30 - Session Four- Christine Clancy
- Emotional Intelligence for you and your child.
1.30-2.15 – Lunch
Lunch not provided
2.15-3.00 - Q and A
- Open discussion guided by audience questions. Panel will include
Sarah Asome, George Perry, and Christine Clancy.
3.00-4.00 - Session Three- Sarah Asome
- Transitioning from years 1-4, to 5 onwards.
- How to set students up for success at school.